Friday, September 16, 2011

Wine Cellar For A Fella(r)



My client's foyer was definitely lacking some color, interest and well even some love.


The mini hall closet door under the stair case was a total eyesore and though my client isn't a big wine drinker he loved the idea of having it turned into a conversation piece if nothing else...A wine cellar with presence.



We lost the door and to play off on all the other arches already in the foyer, decided to add an arch to this new cellar as well.



We had the wine cellar insert custom made obviously to the closet, so you can easily pull it all the way out to store wines on either side as well.


Anyway, it lights up beautifully at night, but of course I haven't ever been to my clients at night WITH my camera so you will just have to trust me.



with flash, faux doesn't look as good up close and with bright lights...

It's normal look....

Sooo my client LOVES showing it off, but I am not sure if he is into wine anymore than before.....


I think it made a BIG difference though to the foyer don't you?  Oh and of course some new floors, and paint helped. ;)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, that looks like many entrances I have been in! Wine cellar looks great!

Jessica {Team Rasler} said...

It DID make a huge difference to the foyer! I love how it looks, and I'd be showing it off to everyone, too. Great job.

Gracie said...

Wow, very big difference. What a great idea.

Morgan said...

What a fun way to make a huge change! Very cool!

Unknown said...

Wow you do good work. That is a major improvement, plus it's lovely! I just stopped by from SITS to say hello. Hope you find time to do the same.

Unknown said...

We all gotta' start somewhere, you Mascaraed Marauder, you! Congrats!

property in jaipur said...

great idea. door is very nice...

Lisa Holt, ASID said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

In my opinion, that really does make a huge improvement! And how awesome to have a wine cellar!

Visiting you today from SITS!

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

Yes, I LOVE the look of it now!! That wine cellar is so cool!!

I'm visiting from SITS! Happy SITS day!!

Karen said...

This is an amazing way to make use of an otherwise unused area. So many of us have this space but have never considered how we could take advantage of it.

I'll share this on my Facebook page.