Friday, September 23, 2011

Solar Tubin'


Okay so it's official, I am in loooovvveee with Solatubes!  I have now added them to 3 different clients master closets that originally didn't have any daylight and now they are being flooded with it!

The innovative tube shaped designs transfer light through attic space and deliver light in ways that traditional skylights can't.  They quite literally take less than 2 hours to have installed without any structural reframing and I think they are worth every penny too.


Every time I walk into my clients closets after install I feel like the lights are on already but they aren't, clients giggle with delight in showing me, which of course I love.  It could be too that natural light can enhance mental and physical well being, boost concentration and energy levels and a variety of other unexpected perks, ie: giggling with delight. ;0


Of course there is the "green" aspect of this wonderful invention....You'll save on your electric bill by not having to turn on your lights as much and of course your heating and cooling loss from inefficient window and skylights.  In other words, installing just 1 10" tub can save about 19 lbs of carbon emissions annually.  Oh and I believe there is a federal tax credit out there for these, even better right?


Think about other places that don't have a lot of light too besides closets....A dark hallway, stairwell, laundry room, etc. pretty cool huh?



So do you get it?  Do you think these are as cool or what?

Please note:  All pictures "borrowed" off of the actual Solatube site, I had to because my pictures don't show the befores and afters correctly, might be my flash ie: me.

7 comments:

Gracie said...

Best things ever! My brother and neighbors have these.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

What a clever idea. I love a nice brightly lit room and with energy savings, that would be even better.

Morgan said...

that's amazing ... if we ever remodel our bathroom, I'll have to remember these!

Visiting from SITS

Jen said...

These are fantastic! We need something just like it in our hallway upstairs. There's just no light. We've wanted to put a skylight in but it's too much work.

Anonymous said...

We have a few staircase designs that you maybe interested in for your blog. You can find our designs at http://www.stairbox.com/staircasegallery.html

Unknown said...

I have never heard of solatubes! What a great idea! I just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you find time to do the same.

property in jaipur said...

congratulations a very successful