Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Wanna Granada Tiles

 
I have long been in love with Granada tiles and after this posting I hope you fall in love with them too.  By the way, these tiles are made in Nicaragua hence the name Granada.  

The tile content (besides "love"), is cement, sand and pigment which is then pressed to 4,000 pounds per square inch.  The top color layer is approximately 1/8" deep.   You have online customization, from not only the style of each tile but also the colors, so at the end of the day you really have a very unique project.

Every time I see these tiles I get excited, I love how they add color and style without needing a rug.  Obviously easy maintenance too.  Couldn't you see these added to the risers on a staircase, talk about a beautiful pop of color.

I just "wanna"  kick off my shoes and walk all over them, silly?  Maybe so, but true. 

I love using the tiles as a baseboard all the way around the room, doesn't that look great?















6 comments:

Tiaa @ EYInteriors said...

those tiles are beautiful esp love the border in the kitchen photo. i have to do some research on these tiles. great post!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very vibrant! I like the idea of using tiles to make an "area rug".

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Simply stunning! I can just see these creating an amazing outdoor dining space too!

Paul Anater said...

I love Cuban tile! I'm fortunate to live in a part of the country where it's not a hard sell --it's actually a traditional finish in Florida.

Concrete House said...

Check out the very different cement tile patterns at Villa Lagoon Tile...sea shells and coastal themes as well as traditionals.

http://www.villalagoontile.com

Villa Lagoon Tile said...

Hi Marie, We love these tiles too. I think you would enjoy seeing what Villa Lagoon Tile has to offer. Same type tiles but some new designs. Please have a look. We think that cement tiles are so under valued in the States and hope to change that :o)
Thanks, Lundy